Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A special project

Hi Everybody! I hope you all had a very festive Easter weekend. Today is the day I reveal my little 

project to you all. On my birthday this year I decided that I will be my own fairy godmother and granted myself one wish. I could do anything that day, anything I wanted. All I wanted to do for one whole day was paint, and so I did. I did not want the day to end so I decided that even if I do not paint the whole day every day I can at least grant myself one painting per day. I had to keep the subject matter simple, so I chose to paint an object every single day, something I could find around the house or outside. I quickly learned that objectifying ordinary things, making a special artwork of it really puts things into perspective. The little things we surround ourselves with, no matter how insignificant they may seem, really do add a little something to your life. 

I am however quickly running out of things to paint. Please take part in my project by posting a picture of your objects on my page. Keep it simple and please remember to add a little caption on what that object means to you. Your object might just be turned into a wonderful work of art.

Please follow me in this objectifying journey. I will be posting images on my page and on Instagram regularly. Prints of these art works will be available soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment